Phenix Rods Review
The most important features that many consumers look for when buying a fishing rod are durability, power, and as important, a smooth drag system. With these factors, you will feel satisfied. Manufacturers already know this and have, for the past decades, provided everything consumers want.
One such product of innovation is the Phenix Feather Freshwater Bait Casting Fishing Rod, the newest offering from the brand's series of rods. This promises to be one the most sensitive and lightest rods the fishing industry will ever experience. Read on to learn more about it...
Phenix Feather Freshwater Bait Casting Fishing Rod Review
The spring arrangement of this fishing rod is the newest one in the brand's line of bars. This feature makes it one of the softest and lightest fishing rods in the fishing industry. Furthermore, this rod has a special feather assembly reduction. The manufacturers set this by crossing 40 and 36-ton carbon rods with the nano-lite pitch exclusive to the brand.
The rod also comes with a spring package including the FrameLoc innovation and Essex T-Ring Premium Carbide guides. It has custom roller seats of carbon fiber with carbon rings and EVA handles. It's robust, lightweight, and ideal for different types of fishing.
A high-quality rod that offers superb durability and sensitivity.
Has nanolite resins along with 40- and 36-tonnes cross-weave carbon fibers.
The reel seat has a custom design and it has an EVA handle.
Some say it's too light.
Features and Benefits
As you can see, the Phenix Feather Freshwater Bait Casting Fishing Rod offers a lot of great features. But you don't have to take our word for it! Here are some incredible customer reviews we have discovered about this premium fishing rod:
It's extremely sensitive, light, and you can use it to catch a lot of sea bass! You can even use it for sea bass fishing tournaments.
The bigger size of this rod has a softer tip and you can use it for a dedicated punch rod. The soft tip provides an improved hook-set and the sturdy backbone has the strength to pull fish out of sloppy or murky waters.
This is one of the best finesse bait casting rods out there. It's suitable for beginners and seasoned fishers alike. Despite its light weight, its sturdy enough to win when fish struggle on the hook.
The Phenix Feather Freshwater Bait Casting Fishing Rod is a superior product but you might still want to see what else the market has to offer. Before making your final choice, here are a few other fishing rod options for you to consider:
Phenix Maxim Freshwater Casting Rod
This fishing rod hails from the same brand and it features a multi-axis scrim made of carbon fiber. It has slender EVA handles with a high-density and it's extremely sensitive and light too. However, some customers don't appreciate the fact that you need to screw the rod's handle up to the reel. This may cause loosening of the reel when not done properly.
Phenix Maxim Freshwater Spinning Fishing Rod
This is another fishing rod with a multi-axis scrim made of carbon fiber. It has an up-locking reel seat and carbon tape that has been cross-wrapped to guarantee proper flex and strength. This type of fishing rod from Phenix has a split-trigger design that offers the performance and durability of a reel seat with a single piece. However, some customers claim that not all parts of this rod have the same level of durability.
Dobyns Rods Fury Series Casting Rod
This is a fishing rod from a different brand but it's also great. It's powerful, sensitive, and durable. This fishing rod comes with comfort features too, thus, allowing you to fish comfortably for hours on end. The downside is that the eyelets might start fraying in several spots after some months of use.
Things to consider before buying
That there are several technical factors to consider when looking for the perfect fishing gear. Here are such factors to keep in mind before you select the best tod to suit your needs:
- Rod length and casting: You should have a clear understanding of the rod's length and how far you can cast the line. This is easily noticeable in surfcasting rods that can get as long as 12-ft. There is a correlation between the casting distance, the tip of the rod's acceleration, and the terminal tackle's weight. Consider all of these when checking the rod length and casting.
- Action: Rod action takes place where the rod bends along its blank. In general, fast-action fishing rods flex roughly about a third from the rod's tip, moderate fishing rods flex in the middle, and slow fishing rods flex on the blank's butt section.
- Frame and materials: The rod comes built around the frame and the material used to build it has a great impact on its performance. The material also plays an important role in the rod's lifting power and sensibility.
- Rod guides and rings: You must have noticed the small rings running through fishing rods. These are the rod guides where fishing lines run through. One of the main functions is to serve as hefty guides when standing up against heavy fish that give a good fight when hooked. Your rod should have these too.
- Rating: One very important thing to consider with rods and its rings is that it has been marine-rated, especially if you intend to use this for saltwater fishing. Also, make sure the ring works well with the line weight you plan to use.
Phenix products have been in the business long enough to build a solid reputation. Its products combine advanced materials with premium components guaranteed to deliver the ultimate in angling experience. The Phenix Feather Freshwater Bait Casting Fishing Rod is one such rod that's very dependable and can deliver competition-grade performance.
Phenix Feather Casting Rods come in an extensive range of lengths and tapers. The products have a lightweight design to give professional anglers the sensitivity, quality, and durability they need. Of course, success in tournaments greatly depends on your fishing skills too. In the meantime, just keep in mind these primary considerations when choosing your perfect rod.